dependent suspension (Dieselpartsworld)
The independent suspension is characterized by that the left and right wheels are not connected to a single axle, and are separately connected with the frame (or body) by the suspension, and each wheel can move independently up and down. Car front and rear suspension and light front suspension are mostly used independent suspension. Off road vehicles, mine trucks and large passenger cars are also used in front of the independent suspension structure
(1) the non sprung mass is small, which is beneficial to ride comfort. At the same time, the wheel grounding is better, which is conducive to the stability of the control.
(2) when used for steering, the left and right front wheels are not connected with a reasonable arrangement, which can reduce the interference of the movement of the suspension and the steering linkage.
(3) can be used with a soft spring, improve the car ride comfort.
(4) the effective spring is equal to the track, help to improve the transverse angular stiffness, reduce roll.
(5) when driving on uneven road, it is easy to get a larger dynamic stroke.
(6) due to the absence of the connection on the left and right wheel axle to decrease the height of the engine and cab, thereby reducing the centroid, but also to expand the area of the body and the luggage compartment
(1) complex structure, high manufacturing cost.
(2) in general, the wheel moves up and down, because the wheel camber and trackchanges in the larger, larger tire wear